Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Quilt Along, Anyone?

Look what I got in the mail today.


That's right.  I've gotten sucked into this whole Farmer's Wife Quilt Along thingie.  Have you seen it?  Well, about a year ago a woman and her friend bought this book and agreed to make the quilt along together.  The book has 111 blocks that make up this sampler quilt and the ladies agreed to make 2 blocks a week and post the pictures together through flickr. Well, a WHOLE lot of people joined in and it became a pretty big deal from what I can tell.  (I love Camille of Simplify's block color choices.)

I am obviously too late to do the quilt along with them, but I do want to do it and it would be oh so much more fun if I had a glorious gal to join in.  Anyone interested in a fun, fabulous quilt along?  You can get the book at Amazon.  I'm thinking the beginning of June would be a good time to start.  Come on, you.  You know you want to join me.  Hand quilting, machine quilting, color scheme, random colors, scrap fabrics, new fabrics...think of the possibilities.  And in 1 year, you will have a beautiful sampler quilt.  I'm getting excited just thinking about it.  I may go stare at my fabrics now...




No comments: